Über diese Veranstaltung
From space science to new space – space-based data offers ways to explain our universe as well as provides new business prospects through remote sensing, telecommunication and positioning. Space industry has gone through a major transformation recently via the easier and less expensive access to space and these opportunities are in focus in the presentations and panel of this Forum at the Wasa Future Festival 2019. The event is also contributing to Finland’s preparation for the ESA Space19+, ESA’s next Ministerial Council held in November 2019. Event organized by the University of Vaasa team of the “KvarkenSpaceEco” project by EU Interreg BA.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/446468859466517/
Event online-streaming via Zoom: https://uwasa.zoom.us/j/280547735
Chair: Heidi Kuusniemi, Professor, Director, Digital Economy, University of Vaasa
Arno Ahosniemi, Executive Editor-in-chief, Kauppalehti Ltd.
Kimmo Kanto, Head of Space, Business Finland
Jaan Praks, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Nanoengineering, School of Electrical Engineering, Aalto University
Kendall Rutledge, Research Lead, Energy and Environment, Novia University of Applied Sciences
Miranda Saarentaus, Senior advisor, ESA Business Applications Finland, Geowise Ltd.
Jani Heikkilä, Sales Director, Bitcomp Ltd.
Koska/When/När: Saturday 10th of August 13:00-15:30 (Finnish time)
Missä/Where/Var: Wasa Future Festival 2019, Wasa Innovation Center, Gerbyntie 18, 65230 Vaasa
Agenda (schedule in Finnish time):
- “Welcome and opening”, Heidi Kuusniemi, Director, Digital Economy, University of Vaasa
- “Finnish contribution to European Space Programmes”, Kimmo Kanto, Head of Space, Business Finland
- “Bringing space data into your business”, Miranda Saarentaus, Senior Advisor, ESA Business Applications Finland, Geowise Ltd.
- “Business from intelligent space data”, Jani Heikkilä, Sales Director, Bitcomp Ltd
- ”Space is commercialising. What does it mean?”, Arno Ahosniemi, Executive Editor-in-chief, Kauppalehti Ltd.
- Networking break and coffee (KvarkenSpaceEco project’s “Kvarken Space Center” has a booth)
- “Current ESA and commercial observations from space”, Kendall Rutledge, Research Lead, Novia University of Applied Sciences
- “Small satellites for Finnish science missions”, Jaan Praks, Assistant Professor, Aalto University
- Space Economy Panel with all speakers and Q&A
Warmly welcome! No registration needed.